HELLO, I AM JOSH BALL

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two bed aquaponic system

     So here are some pictures from my aquaponic system. I am still waiting for the Nitrogen Cycle to complete itself, but after testing the water each day, looking at: Temperature, Salinity, pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate levels, I am documenting a noticeable difference in the Nitrite levels. There is also a rise in Nitrate levels, due to the fact that I used a few gallons of water from my Dad's pond (established for over five years) and cycled that through my system. I read a piece an kick starting the bacteria needed for Nitrite growth by adding water from an already established pond or aquaponic system. By doing so you introduce all the parts needed for a full cycle. This does not mean that the next day, walla! You have a completely cycled aquaponic system producing at 110%!!! It does however provide a foundation for the correct bacteria to grow, and that is a great starting point!

 



 







No comments:

Post a Comment