HELLO, I AM JOSH BALL

Friday, July 1, 2011

Ventura Trash Runners

   Two of my running buddies, Amy and Erin, tell me I should attend a trash run with them. Since I run with my buddies often, I wouldn't want to do anything to make them upset with me. (They would make me go on really painful runs!) and since it is good for the community, and I run around Ventura almost every day, I figured it would be a good idea to attend the trash run.

   I am so glad I went! The members of the Trash Runners I met were very friendly and we had a fantastic time talking about healthy, sustainable living at the same time picking up trash. There was so much garbage!We walked from San Pedro to The Point (boardwalk in Ventura, CA) and by the time we were done we all had full bags of trash. After we are done we run back to where we started from.

   This is a fantastic group to get involved with! After I got home I found the Trash Runners' page and signed up immediately for email updates on future trash runs. This is important for our community, we all enjoy walking by the beach and enjoying the view. How can we enjoy OUR beautiful Ventura if it is filled with trash? How easy would it be to go out for 45 minuets once a month and go for a walk, socializing with some really cool people? So I recommend you check out the site, sign up, and come out on a trash run with the Ventura Trash Runners. Here are some pics of the latest trash run.



No comments:

Post a Comment